Sunday 15 September 2013

Nowhere to Run


I've just watched the new Julian Temple documentary, A Requiem for Detroit? I knew a bit about the state the city was in. This film goes someway to explaining why.

A ten-second clip of this fantastically optimistic Martha Reeves and the Vandellas video, shot in one of Ford's plants, was included. It made me want to find the whole video. I'm glad I did.

Watch the guy at 1:50. He clearly didn't get the memo about Motown's hot new girl group being on his production line that day. He can see his productivity bonus going up in smoke. G

4 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Excellent, appreciate the tip, will pursue with all due diligence.

Pete Stansfield said...

Made my day.

Unknown said...

haha, i like the dude at 1:50

Mick P said...

Completely missed this post, it went up while I was away. Thanks for the tip on the documentary. I've managed to track it down as a download - first aired in Britain in 2010, in fact.