Thursday 8 July 2010

Yikes

Debuting my racing 'career' at Amman 1/2 mile didn't seem like a big deal, even if it's the fastest dirt track circuit in the UK. What is scary, is now signing the ACU racing license documents for Stoke my second race, to go from a chancer's 'X' plate to restricted 'R' plate, when the smallprint reads:
'...It must be recognised by all competitors that there will be accidents and that a number of competitors may die, whilst others may be permanently disabled or sustain serious injuries and it could be you.'

Well at least there's the fun part of coming up with a lucky number and painting it on my helmet. BP

6 comments:

Diplomate said...

what happened to #57 from Amman ?

Good luck by the way..........

Sideburn Magazine said...

#57 didn't prove very lucky, so I took another spin of the roulette wheel
BP

Anonymous said...

...good luck B...kinda pissed I can't make it over for a watch...

Austin said...

yeah that disclaimer worried me somewhat when I signed up for sand racing, still think I was lucky to get away with just a broken collarbone considering my total lack of ability for it........
will be there cheering for all the skooter farm boys on sat tho

#27 Tom said...

Mate! No risk, no fun. If you die on track, I'll mention it at your ceremony.

t said...

67 should be good now .. mine too as you know