Friday 4 June 2010

Vintage Supermoto




From Daniel in Chicago... We like new bikes, really like them, but we love it when old bikes show them a thing or two. GI

Seeing how Ben popped the cherry on his CCM, I figured I'd share my first vintage supermoto experience.
This is my '79 XT500 street tracker that I worked on all winter here in Chicago.
It's set up for flat track but I haven't made it to an FT oval yet. Most of my buddies ride supermoto so I skipped visiting the Springfield TT and took it to an SM track day last Saturday to scrub the rubber a bit.It turned out to be a great decision - the Goodyears hooked up well and my 31-year old bike was able to keep up with some of the more modern machinery.
Next step - a dirt oval. I can't wait.
Cheers~Daniel
P.S. Here's a short vid of me following my buddy Eddie:

2 comments:

bevelheadgreg@gmail.com said...

Anyone else remember the Bike magazine Project Flat Tracker, c.1980? Yamaha SR500, flash(ish) paint, fibreglass seat unit, engine filled with expensive tuning bits that just made it louder...

Anonymous said...

great vid, not bad for an oldie!