Tuesday 12 May 2009

Stuff I love. Pt 2.

Speed Junkies blogspot. Giannis never posts a dud.

British Short Track ingenuity.
This is Trappy on a 450 (don't worry about the scale, he's a Man Mountain). This photo is included because it shows Brit racers are more concerned about getting out there and racing that aesthetics. That wheel is a lowly Honda Comstar, bought cheap from an autojumble (swap meet for our American readers). It ain't too pretty, but it takes a 19in Maxxis. And that means Trappy's lad gets to race with proper rubber.

Poppa Wheelie blog, because he unearths shots like this.

Steve's Katana, with Dymag wheels, Racefit pipe, GSX-R forks. I rode it and wrote about it for PB. It's the only Katana I've ever really fallen for.


This amazing hauler. I found the photo on one of our follower's sites - Cheap thrills and good times
Anyone know anything about it?

The Dynotones. Hot rode-themed surf music of the highest order. With covers by Rockin Jellybean. Thanks Dana.


This painting sent in by Sideburn collaborator, Chris Watson who said 'I don't know anything about it, but I like it' Amen

The photography of Scott Pommier. He shot the Scorpions in Sideburn 3. I still haven't had a go at bike surfing. I've got to man-up or shut up.

Motorcycho - the original lame-ass bikerzine.

Chicken: Love for sale on the streets of Hollywood by David Henry Sterry. The wonderfully written true story of a poor lad who gets ass-raped on his first night in Hollywood and becomes a 'chicken', male prostitute who services women. Brilliant, brilliant and for sale for 1p plus postage on Amazon.
“I walk all the way up Hollywood Boulevard to Grauman’s Chinese Theater: past turistas snapping shots; wanna-be starlets sparkling by in mini-skirts with head shots in their hands and moondust in their eyes; rowdy cowboys drinking with drunken Indians; black businessmen bustling by briskly in crisp suits; ladies who do not lunch with nylons rolled up below the knee pushing shopping carts full of everything they own; Mustangs rubbing up against muscular Mercedes and Hell’s Angels hogs.
It’s a sick twisted Wonderland, and I am Alice.”

My Grenson brogue boots. Made in Northampton.


Cheers, GI

1 comment:

Number6 said...

Thanks for a great feature on my Katana Gary, just need to find the time to ride the damn thing now, while also looking for my next project.