Thursday 5 February 2009

Ramblers Rough Scrambles




The recent mini-rant, about riding what you've got rather than dreaming about having a bike for every occasion, provoked some responses.
One of our heroes (also to be in SB3), Craig Randall sent us these photos of himself competing at the Ramblers track. And this note.

I loved the Ramblers shots and am attaching a couple of shots of me racing at the Richmond Ramblers track (15H). They called it a Rough Scrambles back then, 1966 or so. My dad used to take me there when I was a kid, because we lived in Richmond (S. 13th Street) after he got back from the war. We liked to watch the hillclimbers. I loved it!
Regards,Craig


And Jonny Campbell sent this:
I agree with your blog comment about motorcycling becoming niche Gary, check out this post on helmethairblog.com - a very well shot home movie of a 1930's Californian hillclimb. Everyone is just getting on with it, hat or not.

It's a great clip, despite the innapropriate soundtrack. Thanks fellas, GI

No comments: